Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 1: My Flow on Social Media

Social media…. Pretty nuts to think that its spread faster than any disease this world has seen. It’s been almost 10 years since Myspace was first launched which was one of the leading pioneers for internet gossip and global connection. It was one of the first sites to have personalized webspaces for each account holder. You could have your own personalized website! And anyone could see it! Other account holders could post messages on your wall, you could add songs if you were a musician or artist, it was pretty much the bee’s knees of the new generation of computer savvy people who weren’t afraid to get down and dirty with all the cool features the internet had to offer. Nowadays I bet you won’t find anyone under 80 that hasn’t heard of Facebook.
Gosh hate Facebook!
I hate Facebook because it steals my time and attention, being tagged in one picture that may not even be of me, or one of those best friend multi character picture things can turn into 2 hours of browsing the news feed creeping on other peoples recent happenings. It’s disturbingly addictive. This wealth of unneeded knowledge of your whole extended network. Maybe societies’ obesity problem isn’t from eating unhealthy large portions of fast food, it’s just social media talking the time out of the day to do the harder things in life, everyone is way too busy with their social lives and the drama of other people that they forget to have some one on one time with them self, maybe walking, running, any some sort of physical activity.
In my opinion, social media isn’t a fad, it’s a lifestyle, some people can handle it, some people choose to ignore it, and others don’t even know about it. One thing is-it’s becoming more and more business incorporated. Way too much marketing involved with it. Knowing that Ashton Kutcher can make tens of thousands of dollars just by mentioning a product in one of his tweets is crazy! I wish I could do that, but that means I’ll have to play this whole social media game and build a clan of followers.
Well here’s my chance, if you like this reach me @jukespeets

No comments:

Post a Comment